It's Tax Season...Let Us Help You
Steven Budryk, MS and current CPA candidate, and Ramapo Alumnus Class of 2018, MS 2019 recently presented during the Ramapo College Alumni and Business Partners Program: Financial Speaker Series. Steven presented on the following:
- Recent tax law changes strategies
- Planning opportunities for both individuals and businesses
- Paycheck Protection Program loans
- Individual stimulus payments, and
- Pending legislation
Rising Interest Rates & Your Portfolio
Eric Mancini, CFP, CFA, CAIA, and our Director of Investment Research discusses the rapid rise in interest rates over the past several months. Specific topics discussed are below:
- The difference between short and long term interest rates
- Why interest rates are very important in determining the value of almost all financial assets
- How we anticipated rising rates in early 2020 and why we think they will continue to rise through 2021
- Historical look at nominal and real 10Y Treasury rates
- Portfolio changes we made over the past year and possible future investments we are reviewing to guard against a further rise in rates
Paycheck Protection Program
Chris Chudyk, CPA, CITP, Partner recently presented to the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI). NARI is the homeowner's resource for finding quality contractors, design-build firms, suppliers and other related professionals in the area.
In this webcast, Chris discusses important information regarding:
- Round one and round two of the PPP loans
- Payroll credits all companies should be aware of, and
- Tax planning strategies to save / defer taxes and build wealth for individuals and businesses
2020 Election Update
Eric Mancini, CFP, CFA, CAIA, our Director of Investment Research and Wealth Advisor discusses in this webcast:
- Our outlook on the election and current projections
- An overview of all possible outcomes (presidential & congressional)
- The likely policy ramifications of a ‘Democratic Sweep’
- How specific industries and client portfolios could be impacted
- Historical data on election year and 1st term presidential stock market returns
COVID-19’s Impact on the Financial Markets
Jeff Hanson, CPA, PFS, AEP, CFP was featured on the New Jersey Society of CPAs podcast Issues Watch. Jeff discusses the short- and long-term impact of the pandemic on the financial markets. Have the markets followed the economy? Which markets have been impacted more than others? What’s the outlook for the coming year? Click on the Podcast link below to hear more.
Also available on apple podcast, android, or wherever you get your podcasts.
New Jersey's Pass-through Business Alternative Income Tax (BAIT)
In this webcast, Darren Thomas, JD, CPA, EA, Senior Tax Manager discusses the Pass-through Business Alternative income Tax Act. which establishes a new optional business income tax for eligible business types along with a matching income tax credit the owners of such businesses.
Q2 2020 Financial Market and Portfolio Update
Eric Mancini, CFP, CFA, CAIA, our Director of Investment Research discusses global financial market behavior through July, portfolio changes made from March through early August, the latest COVID-19 trends, and looks ahead to the 2020 election.
RMD Rollover & Roth Conversion Planning Webinar
In this webcast, Jeff Hanson, CPA, PFS, AEP, CFP provides planning concepts for Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) and Roth Conversions and how they relate to the CARES Act.
- RMD Rules related to CARES Act
- RMD Rollover
- Tax Planning
- Roth Conversions
Business Planning In the Age of COVID-19
As many companies across the country, and particularly the tri-state area, are planning to reopen their physical locations, Chris Fundora, CFP, CRPS and Darren Thomas JD, CPA, EA will be providing timely guidance on understanding and navigating through the legal requirements. They will also be discussing flexibility around your Corporate Retirement Plan as well as an update on PPP Loans, how to use the funds and qualify for forgiveness.
•Steps to Minimize Liabilities
•Developing Back-to-Business Plans
•Updated Leave Policies & Procedures
Corporate Retirement Planning
•Understanding Distribution Options
•Tax Credits, Plan Design & Tax Minimization Strategies
•Flexibility Act Updates
•Use of Funds
•Qualifying & Applying for Forgiveness
Investment Portfolio Management In the Age of COVID-19
Eric Mancini, CFA, CFP, CAIA and Director of investment research hosted a webcast titled Portfolio Management in the Age of COVID-19.
The presentation covers the following Topics:
- 6 major goals of successful portfolio management
- Overview of investment management fees
- Projected future stock and bond returns
- Importance of alternative and private investment allocation
- Alternatives to avoid
- Special update on COVID-19
Retirement Update 2020
Changes under the CARES Act
The CARES Act has made significant changes to our personal and corporate retirement accounts. Christopher Fundora, CFP, CRPS discusses these changes along with potential strategies for 2020.
- Coronavirus-Related Distributions
- Hardship Distributions
- Early Distributions, In-Service Withdrawals & Age 55 Rule
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMD) Strategies - ‘Stretch IRA’ Provision
Traphagen Market Outlook
Follow along as Eric Mancini, CFA, CFP, CAIA, Director of Investment Research & Wealth Advisor walks you through our April 2020 Market Update.
Traphagen CPAs & Wealth Advisors and Balance Point have partnered to present the Business Solutions On-Demand Webinar Series
How to Save and Build Wealth Under the New Tax Laws
In this 28-minute presentation, Traphagen's Chris Chuydk, CPA, CITP, will inform business owners what they need to know about the new tax laws:
- C Corporations Taxed at a flat 21%
- Pass Thru Entities/Solos - the new 20% deduction
- The Importance of a Structure Analysis
- Depreciation: Section 179 & Bonus
- Meals and Entertainment
Subscribe and access the webinar!
Corporate Retirement Planning: Reduce Tax and Increase Savings
As a business owner, find out how to directly benefit from a tailored corporate retirement plan.
In this 30-minute segment of our webinar series, Christopher Fundora, CFP®, CRPS® of Traphagen CPAs & Wealth Advisors presents cost-effective strategies and examples on how to reduce income tax while saving for your retirement.
- How to effectively structure a 401(k) plan
- The value of a Solo 401(k) vs. SEP IRA
- “Bolting on” a Profit Sharing Plan
- Understanding Cash Balance Plans
- Maximizing tax advantaged savings
Subscribe and access the webinar!